Official Talk Leica thread

Getting to grips with the Leica Q

The Street where I live - there's always a "bin"

f1.7

TP_Q_Street_1.jpg

90mm lens

does anyone use a 90mm lens on their Leica M - LTM or M mount?

if so can they share their experience of using such a lens

90mm lens

does anyone use a 90mm lens on their Leica M - LTM or M mount?

if so can they share their experience of using such a lens

Hi, I have 3 Leica M mount 90mm lenses (Tele-Elmarit-M, Elmarit-M, Elmar). I have shown pics taken with all of them.

Using a 90mm lens on a Leica without live view like my M9 is not a pure pleasure. Focusing is not easy. I use my 90s not very often.

Hi, I have 3 Leica M mount 90mm lenses (Tele-Elmarit-M, Elmarit-M, Elmar). I have shown pics taken with all of them.

Using a 90mm lens on a Leica without live view like my M9 is not a pure pleasure. Focusing is not easy. I use my 90s not very often.

Thanks Immo

are they Rangefinder coupled? - i.e. focus normally using the RF system

:agree: I have 2 an Elmar-c f4 and an early Elmar f4 but like Immo (@justpix) I rarely use them on my M9 (in fact I almost never take them out with me) I much prefer my 75mm Summarit-m f2.5 (I knoww w Immo has e also). I think 90 is just a bit too long to really use easily on Ms without a Livee View capability.

Last edited:
Thanks guys - I was thinking about a 90mm - but I have the Nikon 105mm f1.4E so I think I'll "chicken out" and use that with my Zf - we, (with my wife), are going on a trip for a few days and I want to try to keep the size/weight down to fit into a small-ish Billingham bag - the Q + the 105mm will fit in the middle section bag although the lens hood does not help, and if I take the 40mm f2 lens off the Zf I can squeeze them plus the FTZ into the small front compartment - I then get AF with the 105mm and the Zf....... with my eye sight, I wear glasses, that will be far more sensible/convenient!!

Last edited:
Thanks guys - I was thinking about a 90mm - but I have the Nikon 105mm f1.4E so I think I'll "chicken out" and use that with my Zf - we, (with my wife), are going on a trip for a few days and I want to try to keep the size/weight down to fit into a small-ish Billingham bag - the Q + the 105mm will fit in the middle section bag although the lens hood does not help, and if I take the 40mm f2 lens off the Zf I can squeeze them plus the FTZ into the small front compartment - I then get AF with the 105mm and the Zf....... with my eye sight, I wear glasses, that will be far more sensible/convenient!!

Hi, you will have more fun with that combination, I think. - For some time, I have been putting off buying a SONY 1,8/85 lens, the main reason being that this would reduce
my time of short tele lens use even more ... ---

Hi, you will have more fun with that combination, I think. - For some time, I have been putting off buying a SONY 1,8/85 lens, the main reason being that this would reduce
my time of short tele lens use even more ... ---
Thanks Immo, but the downside is that the 105 f1.4E is a big heavy lump which is what I was trying to avoid

Hi, a KAWASAKI INDIAN replica ... (M9 - ZEISS Biogon 2/35 f 2,8 ; crops).

Arrival, 100% crops :

L1013041_DxO-z35b-28-c.jpg

L1013042_DxO-z35b-28-c.jpg

L1013043_DxO-z35b-28-c.jpg

L1013044_DxO-z35b-28-c.jpg

Later, I moved a little closer :

L1013051_DxO-z35b-28-c.jpg

L1013052_DxO-z35b-28-c.jpg

Back