weekly RyanB's 52 for 2024 Week 19 Bent (tech) minimalist

Crackin' take on the theme Ryan :banana:

Great shot. I like the heavy processing. Must have been a very blue sky??

Crackin' take on the theme Ryan :banana:
Nice one, exactly what Dave said
Interested in the processing of this shot
Great shot. I like the heavy processing. Must have been a very blue sky??
That works really well for both theme and technique
Great image. Definitely the one!! Good job!
A fantastic picture for the theme the mono really makes the trails pop!
I like that. A lot.
Many thanks for taking the time to comment everyone, as always its appreciated!

@HelenC yes it was quite blue although there were some wispy hazy clouds about which you can just about see. Probably should have gotten rid of them in post for a truly minimalist shot but they weren't really that obvious so I left them.

Week 19 Bent tech Minimalist
Shot with a lightboard behind and a flash from above with a couple pieces of white card to each side to get some light on the banana's undercarriage

Bent Banana
5P8A7069.jpg

That's just bananas!

Nice one :)

Straight - good shot & agree about it being nicely processed, I like the hazy clouds left in too
Bent - that definitely works!

Love the banana shot.. very well done. Just wondering why it's a bit close cropped at the bottom compared with the top? Also, does the bentness meet EU regulations? :D

Very nice bent banana shot
Seen a few shots on TP recently using light boards, have you got a link for the one you use/would you recommend it. TIA

That's just bananas!

Nice one :)
Straight - good shot & agree about it being nicely processed, I like the hazy clouds left in too
Bent - that definitely works!
That's really nice!
Very nice!
Many thanks all!

Love the banana shot.. very well done. Just wondering why it's a bit close cropped at the bottom compared with the top? Also, does the bentness meet EU regulations? :D
Thanks Helen, I think the radius of the bend is within 2 degrees of the regulations but overall length might fall foul...;)
It wasn't cropped there its just the edge of the black perspex stopped there and I had to shoot at a very low angle to get the banana to meet at such a small point. Probably could have workked on my angles and distances a bit more to give it more room or added some more space in post although I didn't really think about it until you pointed it out, back into photoshop I go.... :D

Very nice bent banana shot
Seen a few shots on TP recently using light boards, have you got a link for the one you use/would you recommend it. TIA
Thanks Keith, I bought this one years ago for my daughter who was doing art at school and it is no longer available according to my purchase history link. It is just some generic light board though, googling A3 light board should have a lot of options.

My one has a black border with metric scales down the side and top which I wouldn't go for if I were to buy one again, the borderless ones I think would be much better for photographic purposes. Also look for stepless brightness/ dimming as it is helpful in getting exposures as its more adjustable. Also personally I wouldn't go for the ultra thin ones as the usb socket is sandwiched between the acrylic layers and is a weak spot on thin ones and where mine is wearing the most. Where the cable is looped over the side to keep it out of shots the very minor pressure is actually making the layers separate slightly.

Here is a version I was playing with last night in photoshop adding to the bent theme a bit.
Ripple.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: nog
Thanks Ryan (y) ( not sure the added bent one would even make it into the crooked section in the supermarket:))

Can anyone else see a bit of dolphins head on RHS

Thanks Ryan (y) ( not sure the added bent one would even make it into the crooked section in the supermarket:))

Can anyone else see a bit of dolphins head on RHS
No worries Keith.
If it did end up in the wonky section I don't think I would be brave enough to eat it anyway... as for the dolphin now I can't un-see it.

Back