A few local Woodland photos

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
I always like your woodland photos and these certainly do not disappoint, if I had to pick #4 and #1 are my faves, really very good.

I was scrolling through these thinking that I would love to see them in black and white, then got to the fourth. Good shots (including the colour ones)., but particularly 1 and 4.

Edited: Just showed my wife who also said 1 and 4.

Last edited:
Very nice set of images Sir, no fav’s as I loke them all very much.(y)

George.

Great set, 1 and 4 are so moody and really draw me in. Can I ask, for #1 did you darken the left and right edges in post to lead in more or was this a natural graduation? Thanks

Last edited:
Great set, 1 and 4 are so moody and really draw me in. Can I ask, for #1 did you darken the left and right edges in post to lead in more or was this a natural graduation? Thanks

I did darken the edges Chris, in hindsight a bit too much I think. :/

I'll buck the trend and say I like 2 & 3, sometimes I think people might just think I'm being argumentative for the sake of it but in all honesty I do prefer those two.

Lovely satisfies my tree fetish(y)
For me No 1 and 4, Number 1, I really like all those little highlights where the light has caught the branches on the upper right and lower left.
Number 4, its pretty much the grain acting as a sort of bokeh seems to work pretty well, as the tree in the foreground is nicely in focus(y)

I'll admit to not being a woodland photography fan but your first has a real sense of atmosphere.

Not meant as an insult but is the mist genuine or an effect. They have great atmosphere. Lovely shots.

Awesome work Andy, your woodland stuff are some of the best in the genre for me. Arguably the black and white is the weak link in the set, with the grainy bokeh a distraction as that is where the highlight is with the tree in the dark.

Back