Flying Kingfisher

Name
Somnath
Edit My Images
No
Hello friends,

I am from Kolkata, India. Fortunately I stay very near to the Sundarbans Mangrove delta, which hosts 7 types of Kingfishers. I post the photo of the

The brown-winged kingfisher (Pelargopsis amauroptera).​

I somehow managed to freeze the action from a moving boat. Please share your thoughts.

Regards
Somnath

Wonderful photo.

I was wondering if you cropped in from the left side to get rid of 99% of the grey/black branches infront of the bird leaving a short piece of the 'semi-circle', opposite it's beak/bill, and clone it out to the bottom so you still have that extra bit for the bird to 'fly into'. Maybe you can crop out the branch far left and clone out the other one altogether.

I do prefer 'clean' phots but many aren't bothered about thinbgs like this. Just a thought to improve your already excellent shot.

Wonderful photo.

I was wondering if you cropped in from the left side to get rid of 99% of the grey/black branches infront of the bird leaving a short piece of the 'semi-circle', opposite it's beak/bill, and clone it out to the bottom so you still have that extra bit for the bird to 'fly into'. Maybe you can crop out the branch far left and clone out the other one altogether.

I do prefer 'clean' phots but many aren't bothered about thinbgs like this. Just a thought to improve your already excellent shot.
Wonderful photo.

Yes, I could. Somehow I wanted to keep the branches intact, most of the times I keep them that way unless they are severely impacting the subject or the frame. While the bird was sitting atop one of the branches, it was a spectacle in itself. Lots of slim, gnarly mangrove branches, a grey chocolate background, lots of colourful fallen leaves and the bright bird, it was mesmerising. That perhaps influenced my processing. Thanks for your suggestion as it made me rethink about it. I will post the full habitat image sometime later.
Cheers
Somnath

Back