weekly FlyPhots 52 for 2023 - Week 42 'Forgotten'

Well done getting back up to date - I think the bins are most fitting for the theme, nicely converted to B&W, and the bird box is quite interesting. Good work bringing out the texture of the wood and the fence, danger is, if you fix it, the birds may not want to nest in it as it smells of human again??

Nice set to catch up with. I rather like the bird box.

Thanks both

Good catch up set Jim. Hope you're recovering ok after your surgery.

Good catch up set Jim. Hope you're recovering ok after your surgery.

Thanks Simon, recovery seems to be going well, although it could be months before I get full range of movement and completely pain free. Main thing is, the fingers are fixed!

Week 32 - Possessions

Are they ours or does it all, ultimately, belong to mother nature? She certainly does a good job of reclaiming our efforts ...

You should put that in this month's DPOTY (Structure), I like it.

Week 33 - Machine

A machine I use to make life slightly easier ...

Love your possessions shot Jim. It looks like you could get a series of shots from that old building.

Love your possessions shot Jim. It looks like you could get a series of shots from that old building.

Thanks Bill, I would have tried but the weather was pretty bad on Saturday during Storm Betty so I was trying not to get too soaked.

Great possessions shot. I'm not sure if I like the overhead branch or not but perhaps not possible to eliminate it?
Machine... nice one. Bain of my life, I'm not a fan of cutting the lawn.

Great possessions shot. I'm not sure if I like the overhead branch or not but perhaps not possible to eliminate it?
Machine... nice one. Bain of my life, I'm not a fan of cutting the lawn.

Thanks Helen, I 'placed' the branch to act as some framing of sorts. I actually like mowing the lawn, I find it pretty relaxing as it's something I can do that takes little to no thought.

Thanks Helen, I 'placed' the branch to act as some framing of sorts. I actually like mowing the lawn, I find it pretty relaxing as it's something I can do that takes little to no thought.

I like washing up, really, I do...and vacuuming, I find that very satisfying.

Week 34 - Circles

Almost hidden in plain sight ...

Nice take on the theme :)

Week 35 - Snappers Choice

The Royal Scot steaming along the South Devon cost at Teignmouth today

Nice one - love the perspecive here. What was on the back?

Nice one - love the perspecive here. What was on the back?

Thanks, it's a good location as you are right next to the tracks. I'll be honest, I was to busy sorting my camera to look at what was on the back but having zoomed in on one of the other images you can make out that it's a diesel (although, not being a train spotter or enthusiast I couldn't tell you what type/model)

Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 20.23.55.png

Last edited:
47593 'Galloway Princess' :)

47593 'Galloway Princess' :)

Well, your detective skills are better than mine, regarding finding out what type train is doing what.

Wonderful shot Jim. Any idea as to why they hang a wreath on the front of the engine?

Week 36 'Urban' + tech Motion Blur

Exmouth town centre this evening

Possessions is a great find. And I love the train line running right by the seafront. Looks a lovely way to see the sea!

Possessions is a great find. And I love the train line running right by the seafront. Looks a lovely way to see the sea!

Thanks

Week 37 - 'Hollow'

Lovely mono Jim :)

Back