L-Mount Alliance Owners Thread

I did briefly have the 150-600 and it was far too heavy for me. It was fine on local trips but dragging it over fields got old real quick. I have the 100-400 and agree that at time longer would be better. Would the 1.4x be more appropriate? Certainly cheaper at the cost of a stop.

I’m going to get one on loan including the Sigma EF-L adapter so should give my lenses a good try out, I mainly shoot af-c and subject detect.

The Sigma branded adapter will be your best bet. There are a few AF test videos on YouTube with the S5ii can Canon EF glass and it seems to perform quite well.

As an L Mount alliance member, Sigma has full access to the mount data which should ensure the best compatibility/performance.

I did briefly have the 150-600 and it was far too heavy for me. It was fine on local trips but dragging it over fields got old real quick. I have the 100-400 and agree that at time longer would be better. Would the 1.4x be more appropriate? Certainly cheaper at the cost of a stop.
That’s a good point actually.. I’ve been spoiled before having the R5 and the 800 F11. There are those who are like…… but seriously that is one insane and great combo, but I’m determined to keep the Leica, sent the R5 to MPB a while back. Forcing myself to get on with the SL2!!

The Sigma branded adapter will be your best bet. There are a few AF test videos on YouTube with the S5ii can Canon EF glass and it seems to perform quite well.

As an L Mount alliance member, Sigma has full access to the mount data which should ensure the best compatibility/performance.
I actually have the viltrox pro version as I have a few canon lens I’ll never get rid of, it’s OK on the sl2 but very slow.. suspect it’s because of the contrast detect AF

2.9kgs (S5 with 150-600) doesn't sound much but then with a backpack, spare stuff and the kitchen sink it sure all adds up 3-4 miles in. No idea how old you are but that combo demonstrated to me that I'm not as young as I used to be.

Back