B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

Walking the Dog

TP_Walking_the_dog_1.jpg

TP_Walking_the_dog_2.jpg

On Friday I had to attend my uncles funeral in North Devon where as a kid I spent a lot of time and because of this my kids also have ( a very sad occasion) As this would involve eight hours or more of driving to go back and forth I decided to stay stay the night before and the day after and visit some of the old haunts, unfortunately for all of you this means I have taken a hell of a lot of photos !

Damien Hursts Verity in Ilfacombe. This is a seriously impressive very large piece of art work ( 20.25 meter or 66+ feet tall if you are a real English man) which I happened to be there to see them erect a number of years back(by total coincidence). At that point it was still a bronze colour but aging has made it look even more impressive. She stands on the entrance to Ilfrcombe harbor.

BW1.JPG

Very difficult from this skin on side because it was straight into the light ! HDR was needed
BW2.JPG

A little more in context to it's suroundings
BW3.JPG

A row of brightly coloured houses near the sea front at Westward Ho! Although taken for their bright colours I think it still works in B&W

BW9A.JPG

Back