Skoda's latest.

That is definitely true as well but they all do that. It’s a massive scam.

For example the Lamborghini Gallardo uses Ford indicator lights. The Ford part costs £12 but they cost £385 from Lamborghini.

Jeezy peeps that's some difference! Lol

It isn't really when Porsche also use the Skoda Meteor grey, they actually used it first but call it something different.

Have you ever sprayed paint for a living, because I wouldn't leave you in charge of colour matching. You obviously didn't compare the Skoda and the Porsche in the two links I provided.

Have you ever sprayed paint for a living, because I wouldn't leave you in charge of colour matching. You obviously didn't compare the Skoda and the Porsche in the two links I provided.
You seem to be confused and I can’t be bothered to explain again.

I do a lot of research before we buy a car and I would really like to have the Audi A6 but, as I mentioned when I opened this thread, the reliability rating is not good. Not that good for the A4, either. It's also poor for Mercedes E300 series and Jaguar don't get a good reliability ratings, either. I think most of the problems are not with the engines but the ever-more complex electronics.By the way. I've seen reviews in which the reliabitiy ratings are good ..how can that be ?

This is What Car ? Scroll down to see a list of 32. https://www.whatcar.com/news/reliability-survey-most-reliable-cars-brands/n26159
This list has Lexus LS 98 out of 100 even the GS is at 61. just two ahead of the E-Class Merc.

Honest John https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/guides/most-reliable-cars/

AutoExpress. https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/driver-power/64280/top-10-most-reliable-cars-buy

It wouldn't be sensible to buy a car without consulting these lists but you're little better off having done so. :thinking:

To the point of this post.

Today, I wondered if the engine in the Audi A4 is the one they put into the latest Skoda Superb which is one we were looking at (we have the previous model)so I Googled it. The answer in one post took me aback so much I thought I'd post it. It's on the Skoda owners forum 'Briskoda' Have a read through ..from the first one so you are aware of the question and the post that made me sit up was the 11th by a member called 'Ootohere'. It's dated March..Some of what he says lost me but will, no doubt, mean something to some on here.

Last edited:
My friend with a Jag F-pace has been having electronics troubles with the gearbox. Avoid would be my recommendation.

The German motor industry has been operating a cartel for years. Secret meetings take place between the manufacturers and agreements made in order to maintain their market shares. It isn't just the emissions they are fiddling. The EU is supposedly investigating.

The German motor industry has been operating a cartel for years. Secret meetings take place between the manufacturers and agreements made in order to maintain their market shares. It isn't just the emissions they are fiddling. The EU is supposedly investigating.

A grim read,indeed. They are just criminals/gagsters in smart suits.

From that article: My bold:

The VW Group's self-incrimination offers a new look at the diesel scandal and its evolution. It also provides a surprising answer to the question of why the German auto industry was only able to comply with emission limits for diesel cars with tricks and deception, and why VW, Audi and Porsche even used fraud as a tool:

I Googled to see if anyone was sent to prison re the diesel scandal.

Oliver Schmidt is a German engineer, former senior executive for Volkswagen in Germany and the United States as well as a convicted felon. In December 2017, Schmidt was sentenced to 84 months (7 years) in federal prison for his role in the Volkswagen emissions scandal.

June 27 2023.
The Munich regional court on Tuesday handed former Audi boss Rupert Stadler a suspended sentence after he was convicted of fraud for his role in the dieselgate scandal

Not just Germany either. 2018.

My friend with a Jag F-pace has been having electronics troubles with the gearbox. Avoid would be my recommendation.

Yes. Now you mention it I recall reading a review on that Jaguar model and it was very poor..I'm sure the verdict was 'avoid' We have friends who have a fair bit of money .She bought a new top of the Range Range Rover ..black with white leather seats..looked wonderful ..and had nothing but trouble with it even after the dealership had supposedly fixed the problems, which were serious. Eventually, they replaced it. Her husband bought a new F-Type two-door Jaguar with extras.. £70,000. It was back to the dealership after a short while and he was without it for weeks. Just a funny amidst all the gloom. When he chose it he forgot to see if his golf clubs would fit in and they didn't. I was admiring it on one of our visits when one of their gardeners ..yes, they have two gardeners..lol..told me that with a wry smile on his face.

Would really need to be know if it's the electronics in the actual transmission or the electronics in the car that perhaps communicate with the transmission, because the ZF transmissions are used by quite a fair few car manufacturers (including the F-Pace) and they are highly regarded.

Reactions: Nod
I do a lot of research before we buy a car and I would really like to have the Audi A6 but, as I mentioned when I opened this thread, the reliability rating is not good. Not that good for the A4, either. It's also poor for Mercedes E300 series and Jaguar don't get a good reliability ratings, either. I think most of the problems are not with the engines but the ever-more complex electronics.By the way. I've seen reviews in which the reliabitiy ratings are good ..how can that be ?

This is What Car ? Scroll down to see a list of 32. https://www.whatcar.com/news/reliability-survey-most-reliable-cars-brands/n26159
This list has Lexus LS 98 out of 100 even the GS is at 61. just two ahead of the E-Class Merc.

Honest John https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/guides/most-reliable-cars/

AutoExpress. https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/driver-power/64280/top-10-most-reliable-cars-buy

It wouldn't be sensible to buy a car without consulting these lists but you're little better off having done so. :thinking:

To the point of this post.

Today, I wondered if the engine in the Audi A4 is the one they put into the latest Skoda Superb which is one we were looking at (we have the previous model)so I Googled it. The answer in one post took me aback so much I thought I'd post it. It's on the Skoda owners forum 'Briskoda' Have a read through ..from the first one so you are aware of the question and the post that made me sit up was the 11th by a member called 'Ootohere'. It's dated March..Some of what he says lost me but will, no doubt, mean something to some on here.

To be honest, that Ootohere guy sounds a little like he's got an axe to grind and some of what he says sounds more like ranting opinion, otherwise I would have expected him to post some links to backup his claims.

However, that being said, I actually wouldn't put it past the big Bavarian manufacturers to be behaving like that based on things like the emissions scandal and I'm sure there was a case of where VW were going to pump exhaust fumes into a room with either a monkey or a person (can't remember which). I think it was pointed out to them that it probably wouldn't be the best idea for VW of all people to be gassing others. :oops: :$

The whole motoring industry is a bit of a racket in my opinion, especially in the UK where I feel like our regulators have no teeth compared to America. They also seem to have good use of class action lawsuits.

A grim read,indeed. They are just criminals/gagsters in smart suits.

From that article: My bold:

The VW Group's self-incrimination offers a new look at the diesel scandal and its evolution. It also provides a surprising answer to the question of why the German auto industry was only able to comply with emission limits for diesel cars with tricks and deception, and why VW, Audi and Porsche even used fraud as a tool:

I Googled to see if anyone was sent to prison re the diesel scandal.

Oliver Schmidt is a German engineer, former senior executive for Volkswagen in Germany and the United States as well as a convicted felon. In December 2017, Schmidt was sentenced to 84 months (7 years) in federal prison for his role in the Volkswagen emissions scandal.

June 27 2023.
The Munich regional court on Tuesday handed former Audi boss Rupert Stadler a suspended sentence after he was convicted of fraud for his role in the dieselgate scandal

Not just Germany either. 2018.
The dieselgate scandal preceded the cartel findings. Obviously one was linked to the other, but the cartel investigation went much deeper. I haven't heard anything regards prosecutions, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was brushed under the carpet given Germany's precarious motor industry. That might be just as well as the EU's normal punishment is huge fines that are effectively surcharges paid for by customers.

There was a similar cartel involving the lorry makers.

Before I bought my new Q2, I seriously considered a Cupra Formentor (Cupra is a sporty Seat, which is a Spanish VW) until I read in a number of places that they had taken the VW Infotainment system, and re written most of it, and it was bloody useless. It would switch off, the SatNav would forget where it was, cars were being returned. That pushed me towards a VW T-Roc, but I preferred the interior and drive of the Q2.

Audi's variant system can be confusing. The 30 is 1.0 L, the 35 is 1.5, the 40 is 2.0. The same engines are used throughout the VW group, and sometimes it's cheper to buy spare parts from Seat or Skoda than it is from VW or Audi, even though they are the same part....

Back