Sony RX Series United Thread (Any RX Camera)

Sorry Mistaken Posting, Wrong Thread.

Last edited:
He was missing for a couple of weeks. I'm glad to see he's back. :)

Thanks Garry, I actually snapped that on the 21st May 22, so I wouldn't know if that's before he went missing.

Sorry this snap will not post correctly so I've deleted it.

Last edited:
Dreadfully sorry but I posted this snap on here by mistake, I've been snapping for so long on my Sony units that I automatically posted this one on here when it is not eligible as it was snapped on my Fuji. I have now deleted from here and will post it in the correct thread.

Last edited:
A few weeks ago, I went to visit my daughter in Edinburgh then we were to go through to Glasgow for the Red Hot Chilli Peppers gig which was unfortunately cancelled :rolleyes:
Ended up touring the pubs of Edinburgh instead and I cursed myself for not having a pocketable camera to take on my travels.
Started looking at the Ricoh GR series but wasn't sure about the fixed focal lengths of 28mm and 40mm.
As I owned a Sony RX100iii in the past, I decided on the RX100vii which arrived a couple of days ago.
I tried it in not the best light along the river near home.
Quite happy with the IQ but perhaps the Ricoh's IQ would be better.
Anyway, here's a couple of shots taken with the RX100vii

Fallen Tree by Mike Stephen, on Flickr

Converging Paths by Mike Stephen, on Flickr

A few weeks ago, I went to visit my daughter in Edinburgh then we were to go through to Glasgow for the Red Hot Chilli Peppers gig which was unfortunately cancelled :rolleyes:
Ended up touring the pubs of Edinburgh instead and I cursed myself for not having a pocketable camera to take on my travels.
Started looking at the Ricoh GR series but wasn't sure about the fixed focal lengths of 28mm and 40mm.
As I owned a Sony RX100iii in the past, I decided on the RX100vii which arrived a couple of days ago.
I tried it in not the best light along the river near home.
Quite happy with the IQ but perhaps the Ricoh's IQ would be better.
Anyway, here's a couple of shots taken with the RX100vii

Fallen Tree by Mike Stephen, on Flickr

Converging Paths by Mike Stephen, on Flickr

Two very nice landscape style captures Mike, liking both of these very much.

"Good to see you back snapping with the RX series units, keep them coming"

Last edited:
I took this image of Edinburgh Castle as we walked through Greyfriars Kirkyard on the way to the Edinburgh Tattooat the weeken.
Sony RX100vii Handheld

Edinburgh Castle by Mike Stephen, on Flickr

Another very nice capture Mike, the little RX has handled the differing light very well with detail in the shadows & highlights.

I went on eBay last week and got a RX100 v7 for £750. :) Unfortunately, even though a picture showed one of the bottom corners scuffed, which I was OK with, when I got the camera, the bottom metal base of the camera had come away slightly. :( I decided to return it, as the chance of moisture getting in in some way would be too worrisome. I must say the person I dealt with was perfect from start to finish, and it is just a pity that the deal did not go through.

At first I was considering the version v6 to replace my v3 (bought here). The v3 is mainly used for Time-Lapses, as I also have the v5 (bought on eBay). I bought the Time-Lapse app as well as the Angle Shift Add-on app, and they are installed on both cameras. The apps are great, but is limited to 990 shots for Time-Lapses.

I wanted the v6 because of the extra zoom range, after using the 24 fps on the v5 recently, but limited in use because of the short focal range. I would still have the v5 too that has the Time-Lapse app and Angle Shift Add-on app on, and would be better in low light, and so I could still do Time-Lapses.

I saw that the v7 also does Time-Lapses too though, does not have the 990 shot limit, and had slightly improved AF. The v6 and v7 were close in prices when I was looking on eBay at the time, so opted for the v7. The plan was to then sell the v3 to offset the cost afterwards. Sadly I was close, :rolleyes: but still on the look out for a v7. ;)

Back