The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

hehehe :D

Mrs WW is away in Thailand but pestering me to eat well whilst she is away so I took a picture of my dinner today to send to her. Spicy corn pancake with hot spicy dip. She taught me how to make this and it's one of my favorites. It's Yum Yum.

A7 and Sony 35mm f1.8.

DSC05430.jpg

Many years ago I got a bollocking when I took my old megane rs250 in to be mapped, my wife had fuelled it with 95ron fuel I managed to get about 20 litres of v power in by the time I got to the tuners. He ended up putting in a couple of tins of octane booster before he’d map it, my wife’s never fuelled a car since after I passed on the bollocking. even the lawn mower gets v power these days it’s not happy on e10

My T5 has never had lower than Sainsbury’s 97 since my ownership at 16k miles. It’s now at 84k. The manual actually asks for higher octane fuel.

Lets home they can keep the quality and QC up.

I did read someone making a prediction somewhere that the Chinese are going to be BIG in lenses and cameras and give the Japanese a scare. Or words to that effect.

Lets home they can keep the quality and QC up.

I did read someone making a prediction somewhere that the Chinese are going to be BIG in lenses and cameras and give the Japanese a scare. Or words to that effect.

Was always going to happen once the manufacturers started using Chinese factories for cheap labour.

Surprised it has taken this long.

Last edited:
Last edited:
£1959 for UK copy of 70-200mm GM2

Too bad cash back doesn't include this lens but still seems like a great price.

Last edited:

For the amount I use a 70-200mm I am quite happy to stick with my Canon MK2 f/2.8 and Sigma adapter.. I will probably end up buying the new f/4 at some point just for the "macro" capability but I'm pretty much tapped out after buying the car and paying the extra fuel costs associated with a 2.3 turbo charged engine. (Never gave fuel economy a thought when I was looking for a new car) :ROFLMAO:

A nice review of what looks to be a rather large 28mm f1.4. I'm sure there've been a lot of reviews of this lens but I do like the reviews on this site.

And by complete coincidence... In the last couple of days I've been playing with my 28mm lenses. I haven't got anything I want to post, it was just something to do. The only AF one I have is the Sony f2 and it's good enough for me and other than that I have some film era ones but I would probably buy a modern manual 28mm if one came out and it wasn't too bulky or expensive. Something like the Voigtlander lenses I have in e mount or even something Chinese.

I suppose my most used 28mm is the 14mm f2.5 I have for MFT, that gets used more than my film era 28's or the Sony f2.

For the amount I use a 70-200mm I am quite happy to stick with my Canon MK2 f/2.8 and Sigma adapter.. I will probably end up buying the new f/4 at some point just for the "macro" capability but I'm pretty much tapped out after buying the car and paying the extra fuel costs associated with a 2.3 turbo charged engine. (Never gave fuel economy a thought when I was looking for a new car) :ROFLMAO:
I went with the new f4 G2 version.
I find it more versatile and it's good enough for me.

If that's new that's an incredible price, cheapest it's ever been on CPB is £2230

A nice review of what looks to be a rather large 28mm f1.4. I'm sure there've been a lot of reviews of this lens but I do like the reviews on this site.

And by complete coincidence... In the last couple of days I've been playing with my 28mm lenses. I haven't got anything I want to post, it was just something to do. The only AF one I have is the Sony f2 and it's good enough for me and other than that I have some film era ones but I would probably buy a modern manual 28mm if one came out and it wasn't too bulky or expensive. Something like the Voigtlander lenses I have in e mount or even something Chinese.

I suppose my most used 28mm is the 14mm f2.5 I have for MFT, that gets used more than my film era 28's or the Sony f2.
Have a look at Typoch Simera 28mm f1.4. I’ve got one I use on my Nikon Zf. I use a Voigtlander adapter.

Have a look at Typoch Simera 28mm f1.4. I’ve got one I use on my Nikon Zf. I use a Voigtlander adapter.

Yes, I read about that on Phillip Reeve but went no further because of it being M mount and because of some of the points raised in that article particularly about the build / handling.

Hope you are enjoying it.

Ouch, was he hurt as there doesn’t appear to be a roll bar ?

Ouch, was he hurt as there doesn’t appear to be a roll bar ?
I don't know but i suspect not bad bad as it never took long to move them and as i was close to the medic area there were also no blue lights or sirens which can only be a good thing and practice and racing continued, makes me cringe going through the sequence though.

A few issues after updating to firmware 2.01 on my A1s. One camera lost connection to my phone yesterday, typically when I was needing to send by FTP. Tooke about 30 minutes to sort as it kept on asking for the wifi password despite it connecting as expected previously. I ended up deleting and changing the wifi security and that sorted it. Today I had two issues one with each camera. First incident it struggled to focus on a face which was large enough in the frame to normally be detected and steadfastly refused to move from teh background. It was a shot I could retake but I ended up switching off to make it focus as I ended up flustered(Scottish Cup, Scottish Cup winner and on the presentation platform at Hampden) the second incident the came on the other A1. This time it wouldn't allow me to select a tracking focus mode and wouldn't focus on anything. Again a switch off sorted it and I have had similar before under different firmware but it usually involved rain or at least that is what I put it down to.

A few issues after updating to firmware 2.01 on my A1s. One camera lost connection to my phone yesterday, typically when I was needing to send by FTP. Tooke about 30 minutes to sort as it kept on asking for the wifi password despite it connecting as expected previously. I ended up deleting and changing the wifi security and that sorted it. Today I had two issues one with each camera. First incident it struggled to focus on a face which was large enough in the frame to normally be detected and steadfastly refused to move from teh background. It was a shot I could retake but I ended up switching off to make it focus as I ended up flustered(Scottish Cup, Scottish Cup winner and on the presentation platform at Hampden) the second incident the came on the other A1. This time it wouldn't allow me to select a tracking focus mode and wouldn't focus on anything. Again a switch off sorted it and I have had similar before under different firmware but it usually involved rain or at least that is what I put it down to.
That’s not great, have you raised it with Sony as these bugs need sorting out?

That’s confirmed that I’m not updating mine.

That’s not great, have you raised it with Sony as these bugs need sorting out?

That’s confirmed that I’m not updating mine.
I'll try to recreate them again. I usually blame myself first and that may have been the case with the focussing on teh background because I was getting pretty flustered and the normal focus at my feet technique was not available as I was on a tripod taking a series of images that were all meant to be the same. As said the one where it wouldn't focus I have had similar a couple of times. Those times it would lock on centre point regardless of my tracking mode. The network issue definitely wasn't me though as both cameras had teh same details and one was working fine. It seems to work now though and I have no jobs I need it coming up so I will attempt to break it and then report

Last edited:
Currently trying to explain to my SO why this is a once in a lifetime, could end at any time offer that I would be stupid to miss..

Money wise we've had a couple of good months and I (not really) jokingly asked Mrs WW if I could have a new toy and she said I could have anything I wanted. Thing is I can't think of anything and I probably have too much kit already.

1st world problem.

Good luck :D

Last edited:
Funny day with my A1s. A few problems with both cameras but an amazing experience photographing the Scottish Cup winning legend that is Sir David Gray. Not often you know you are taking photos money can't buy that will be cherished by those who receive them. A warm glow from that and being involved with my club's charity. My aging brain obviously never had enough space to think that it may have good to have taken one of those cherished memories for my mantle piece, d'oh. Anyway's here is an idea of what the great folk that did the Charity Cycle from Hampden Park to Easter Road will receive
035 by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

Numpty question of th day, is there any harm is leaving your camera on for extended periods doing nothing? We've just bought a new bird feeder and I thought I could leave my camera set up on a tripod and use the Sony Imaging Edge app to take the photos, this could mean the camera being sat there for over an hour doing nothing.

Oh and whilst talking of being a numpty, on my last two outings I've managed to lose my peak design slide, and my Firecrest 77mm ND filter :headbang:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back