The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

tbh I normally have it set to C and use the front dial on the Fuji. It feels a bit like rolling the front dial to fine tune the shutter speed in then.

Which is strange, because on the Sony's I DO use the exp comp dial :ROFLMAO:

Me too, blocking the Comp dial is actually a positive. If I could lock it to C…I would. (I use the rear dial to change comp exposure)

Last edited:
Well C gives you +/- 5 stops (even if the EVF only manages to display +/- 3 stops - it’s the way I used the camera as I found the Exp Comp dial quite stiff. On the Leica I have no choice, but then the dial has a perfect German engineered resistance to it!!!!

The exact reason I looked into changing it when I got the camera. I think it's okay if you are setting and leaving it, but continuously adjusting was a pain just by touch.

wOOOw all great images, but that middle capture is just epic, would look flippin awesome getting that middle image professionally printed large (poster size)...!!
Incredible.

Fabulous photographic talents Sir.

Regards.
Peter
Thank you for the kind words and im sure Jenny Tinmouth used that on one of her calendars when i did some work for her.

Shame the Camera World pre order for the xt-50 is asking for full payment.
They have it advertised for £1299 with the new lens

Ha, that’s a mistake but yeah, they take full payment on pre-order. I got my Tenba from them, it was out of stock and I had paid up front but the price was £77 vs like £100 everywhere else.

Last edited:
Got the email from Fuji today they have received my camera, even though from DPD tracking it arrived on Tuesday…probably that long from post room to assessment desk.

Anyhow, £186 quote to repair, will call up travel insurance tomorrow.

Oooof. I guess it could have been a lot worse.

Anyone know if a V thumb grip will fit an F?

Haoge do one. And I would rather buy a part known brand than a no brand.
Since that photo which is a no brand I have bought a proper Thumbs Up for the X100T and I have no issues with the Exposure Compensation Dial (tbh I didn't with that no brand one but some are difficult). When I first had a T I got a Lensmate Thumb Grip for that model (no longer in production) which was perfect in every way and for my hands better than the Thumbs Up one (which is very comfortable btw). I think Lensmate still do them for V onwards just not for the early ones. Obviously everyone's mileage will vary.

Since that photo which is a no brand I have bought a proper Thumbs Up for the X100T and I have no issues with the Exposure Compensation Dial (tbh I didn't with that no brand one but some are difficult). When I first had a T I got a Lensmate Thumb Grip for that model (no longer in production) which was perfect in every way and for my hands better than the Thumbs Up one (which is very comfortable btw). I think Lensmate still do them for V onwards just not for the early ones. Obviously everyone's mileage will vary.

I've ordered a Haoge that I found listed for the F which looks to be a shorter one. The advert actually had a photo with it on an X100f so fingers crossed it should be okay & it should be as in the photos...... Not the cheapest available, but I don't mind that.

I've ordered a Haoge that I found listed for the F which looks to be a shorter one. The advert actually had a photo with it on an X100f so fingers crossed it should be okay & it should be as in the photos...... Not the cheapest available, but I don't mind that.

Don't buy a Leica then, becuase the thumb grip is extorionate, the Leica tax well and truly in play :eek:

An optional extra I can live without, years of training with X100 series cameras with no thumb grips has put me in good stead :)

Im looking into buying a used x series camera for travelling. Needs to be compact but have interchangeable lens capabilities.
I want to explore super wide lenses, ideally less than 16mm if possible. Would I need an adapter and a third party old manual lens? I’m not familiar with the whole x range. Thanks

Im looking into buying a used x series camera for travelling. Needs to be compact but have interchangeable lens capabilities.
I want to explore super wide lenses, ideally less than 16mm if possible. Would I need an adapter and a third party old manual lens? I’m not familiar with the whole x range. Thanks
These are the Fuji offering's. https://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/Fujifilm/Fujifilm-X-System-Lenses

I use a Fuji 27mm on an X-E1 a lot, but it is not really wide enough for say all city type pictures. But it is very compact.
I am going to a few old European cites this year and I think it wont be wide enough for them, so will probably
break out the 16-80/f4

You can go down the rabbit hole of old manual lenses and adaptors. From what I have seen, there are quite a
few options on that route, although not sure quite how wide you can go on this route.

The other option is 3rd party lenses like Viltorx do a couple of wider lenses.

You'll struggle to find an old manual lens with a focal length in that range. The majority were 28mm. 35mm, 50mm etc in FF terms.

There is the Samyang 12mm f/2 for mirrorless which my boy has for Sony. I'm certain it's in X mount too.

Fuji 14mm is a nice little lens. Small too, so could be handy for travel etc.

Submitted the claim for insurance today, this time they ask for all the details from proof of ownership, evidence of the trip taken etc even though the value claimed is less than £200. Probably because this is my 2nd claim 2 years in a row lol.

I submitted photos of receipt, photo of the camera in the airport lounge, camera in front of a mosque in Casablanca, camera at hotel breakfast, camera when first got it with the box behind, photo of the cracked screen, flight e-ticket, hotel booking, even screenshot of Air France app with details of delays for the flights.

Good thing I like to take photos of the camera as well as with it lol

Last edited:
X series are great on size compared to a normal FF mirrorless, and especially compared to a large dslr!

There's some good Fuji native lenses which are both wide angle and compact so long as you don't want faster than f2 or so. I must admit I like my X-t30 more than I expected moving from a Canon 5diii. I've only got the 16-80 F4 at the moment but I'm on the lookout for a prime or two for a wider aperture.

Well I've made a conscious decision to have a go at shooting just jpeg :eek:
I got a couple of recipes to see how I get along. I'd love to be able to switch via the function buttons, but can't find the option anywhere. Q button it seems will have to suffice.

I got a couple of recipes to see how I get along. I'd love to be able to switch via the function buttons, but can't find the option anywhere. Q button it seems will have to suffice.
Which camera ? IIRC on my x-t4 I have assigned that to the down arrow button

Which camera ? IIRC on my x-t4 I have assigned that to the down arrow button
XT-5
I'll have a search through the manual (argh), and see what I can find. Otherwise it'll be getting used to the Q button ;)

See, I love the idea of that. But it upsets my import, Lightroom, export routine :ROFLMAO:

I do try to do minimal editing though as of shooting jpeg with LR film simulation.

And, I can confirm the thumb grip is a nice little addition. Currently walking around the harbourside in Bristol. Well, I was until I fancied a cider.... :)

XT-5
I'll have a search through the manual (argh), and see what I can find. Otherwise it'll be getting used to the Q button ;)
I think if you scroll down the right hand list, it will eventually show which button you want to assign it to and custom settings to it IMG_9543.png

I think if you scroll down the right hand list, it will eventually show which button you want to assign it to and custom settings to it View attachment 423265
Thanks, mate. I`ll check it out and see if I can get some sort of flip between the two (one colour and one mono) (y)

Thanks, mate. I`ll check it out and see if I can get some sort of flip between the two (one colour and one mono) (y)
That’s pretty much what I have done on the x-e1. I got a bit ott trying different custom settings and in the end just did a couple I know I can choose and they give me a good base

That’s pretty much what I have done on the x-e1. I got a bit ott trying different custom settings and in the end just did a couple I know I can choose and they give me a good base
I`ve added both to "My Menu", and will see which is quickest, and easily adaptabe to muscle memory ;)

You could always shoot bracketed film sims. One click 3 different versions.
I`ve added both to "My Menu", and will see which is quickest, and easily adaptabe to muscle memory ;)

They're quite good at making mistakes on pricing, it seems. I got my 3LT tripod from them far cheaper than anyone else was doing it, and I noticed the next day the price had increased to the same as everyone else was listing it at.

Back