WAMT....what annoyed me today!

I'll give that a try, Heather. Have you used it yourself? If so, was it just the spray or did you use the adult trap(s) as well?
I just used the spay which was very effective but you need to remember to do it regularly to break the life cycle. Comes with full instructions.

Reactions: Nod
I just used the spay which was very effective but you need to remember to do it regularly to break the life cycle. Comes with full instructions.

Ordered! Will treat as soon as it arrives then just before we head off on hols.

Ordered! Will treat as soon as it arrives then just before we head off on hols.

Arrived just as I was heading out so didn't spray until I got home. After a couple of hours, the caterpillars we could find seemed a lot less active than they were at the same time yesterday (Mrs Nod put on the Murder Glove yesterday evening and was squishing them [while making girlie "Yeuch!" noises!] and they were wriggling a lot - hardly moving this evening.) Of course, that could be because they're about to pupate but I'm preferring to think that the spray is doing its job! Tomorrow evening will be raking the bush to dislodge as much damaged stuff as possible, hopefully along with some pupae!

Oddly, the lady next door has a small (20cm diameter sphere) box in a pot just outside her front door - 15m from our bush (about 2m diameter) and hers has no sign of damage! I sprayed it for her as a precaution and will treat it when I do ours again.

WAMT? Watching a programme about the smart motorways.

Not only a waste of money; not only incompetently designed and built; not only relying on unreliable electronics; but on top of all that actually harming the users! Isn't it time for us to demand laws to prosecute the politicians and civil servants who make and implement these stupid ideas?

I've followed an American folk/country artist for decades and I've bought all of their albums so I was very pleased to see a new one out after quite a long time. Unfortunately the album contains contentious lyrics and it's going straight back as one listen was more than enough and Gosh forbid Mrs WW should hear it as one particular phrase is used which both she and I view as being extremely racist and indeed she was once reduced to tears by that phrases use. One term in common use is "woke" and indeed that word was used in the write up on Amazon but I didn't give it enough weight given the artists previous output.

My Amazon review was "X Goes Woke" and unsurprisingly it's not allowed as it contains...
  • Profanity
  • Harassment
  • Hate speech
  • Sexual content
  • Illegal activity
  • Private information
I don't believe my review was any of the above as the only contentious word in my review seems to be "woke" and that word is used in the description on Amazon but I'm not surprised it hasn't been posted.

Politics, protest and the issues of the day are common themes in some music and indeed this artist has covered societal issues in the past but this album includes themes and phrasing (and that phrase) which wouldn't be out of place at a student protest or BLM rally and I find it a bit odd for an artist of their age. The album just seems such a departure from anything before it but maybe they're trying to appeal to a younger audience. This is something they've tried before but in a different way, it didn't really work and they returned to their usual output for subsequent albums. I've toned down the one star review by removing the word "woke" and reposted it. I do think that potential buyers should be aware of the contentious political I would argue racist content.

Last edited:
WAMT (Well last week actually but I left it a bit to "calm down"!) Impatient folks on flights. Unbuckling before the plane had stopped to get at overhead luggage lockers! There aren't any doors open, there are no steps to the aeroplane, Your main luggage is locked in the hold, there isn't a bus to get you to the terminal yet????? Oh dear! Then they flip their phones horizontal and "shout" their way through the terminal, bouncing small children and OAPs off their "wheelie" cases!

I'm one of those that leaps up and stands in the aisle...... not that I'm in a rush to get off, for the simple reason of suffering back pain after sitting for over 7 hours on a flight I need to get up and have a stretch...

What I find annoying with flying is when a flight is being boarded by zones is those who try to queue jump when it isn't their turn.... Thanks to frequent flier status I get priority boarding.

Arca Swiss (France) have invoiced me 72 euros for a replacement part, happy with the invoice (y)

Went to my bank online, no local banks, but to transfer money to foreign account I have to call them, first thought is listening for an hour to how I am a valued customer , agents are busy, try online, blah blah.
Looked at Western union , PayPal and. a few others and as far as I can see I can only transfer to a personal account but not a business.
and another thing - I should have put this post in WAMT

Being charged 5% to use my credit card to buy holiday euros from Tesco! I paid it off straight away too. I should have taken cash out of my current account but never twigged!

Being charged 5% to use my credit card to buy holiday euros from Tesco! I paid it off straight away too. I should have taken cash out of my current account but never twigged!
20 years ago I stopped changing currency in the UK because it's a rip off..... Flying out to Thailand on Sunday and I take cash and get my money changed at FX booths that offer rates that are very close to the actual FX rate, a fair bit higher than the rate offered in the UK.

I use the Xe app on my mobile to keep an eye on FX rates and it updates rates every 60 seconds.

We did our holiday Monopoly yesterday too. Got the Tui shop to match their online rate which gained us €66 on the deal. Paid with a debit card to avoid the cash advance charge that a credit card attracts.

Back