Week 1: your area, Technique: Juxtaposition

Hope this is Juxtaposition ! ?

Candidate-0.jpg

Alternatives

Candidate-1.jpg

Candidate-2.jpg

Last edited:
Nicely done, it's a great effect.

Fast off the mark as always David. Clever shots.

clever use of PP and some nice images

Shot 1 works well, possibly consider a not complete desaturation, or a more gradual change to lessen the transition??

Maybe?

I’ve come back to this picture and still can’t decide if I like or dislike it. So you can add a juxtaposition of opinions if you want!

Like these though no idea how it is done in pp, reminds me of some films which go to black and white to show different time periods etc

I like those. They’re all good but for me number two edges it. Nicely done :)

I think the first one works the best, is it a juxtaposition I don't know it's a difficult one.

Number 2 works best for me, like the POV you have used.

Interesting shots, I like number 2 the most but would prefer the change to mono as a blend maybe from left to right. The jury's still out on the juxtaposition, I'm not seeing anything there that is unexpected for the scene.

I rather like #2 as well. I struggle with juxtaposition and it's interpretation so will leave that one to those more knowledgeable!

I like the second, then the third, then the one you posted. In any event I think they all fit the tech too. That second picture is a little haunting.

That's about as far as I would ever get too (although I presume one has more patience than I).

That works - I can't quite make out which part has been started on though!

Always quick off the mark! Theme interpreted nicely here David.

When it got to a couple of hours after the theme was announced I was worried about you! :LOL:

Another good and fast jobbie!

Great photo for the theme and this week you were first, normality has returned. well done

It was my wifes hobby. Lots of them are framed and on the walls.

Here is one that was almost finished but never framed.

Almosty-Done.jpg

Cross stitch an old hobby of mine, until photography took over. Sure Ive got some old ones in my garage somewhere that haven't been hung on a wall for a long time. Good interpretation of the theme.

Great interpretation of the theme. We had a family member who completed impressive cross stitch designs, I don't think I would have the patience. I think my eyesight would suffer from the detailed work and I could imagine getting cramp in my fingers, although maybe that's just old age.

Week 3: Artificial

Artificial Light

Artificial-1.jpg

Alternative : Artificial Bonsai

Artificial-2.jpg

Last edited:
The colours on the light base are really pleasing, is there extra lighting being used?
I've tried growing a real bonsai and failed miserably, maybe an artificial one would be better for me. I would have moved the horse figure further to left to add separation in the objects and their shadows.

Thanks for the feedback.

The light in the first image was natural but then tweaked in PS to create the feel of metallic.

My wife bought the silk bonsai a few years ago, it holds its appearance very well.

The light looks a tricky subject technically, lovely shades of purple throughout. the filiment is bright but not looking overexposed which is good

Back