weekly Wornish's 52 2023 Week 52 added: Favourite 2023 Image

Love tyhe chosen shot! Where is that?

I have just come back from visiting my Son who lives in the USA. The shot was taken on Monday at Untermyer Park and Gardens, a historic 43-acre city public park in Yonkers, New York in Westchester County, just north of New York City. They are a reconstruction of some historical gardens owned by a rich guy called Untermyer. I have lots of other shots and will be posting some later.

Nice leading composition and bang on theme.

Week 35: Snappers Choice

Kaaterskill-Falls-2.jpg

Kaaterskill Falls with four people top of frame

Last edited:
Nice shot of an impressive water fall, good to have the people in shot giving an idea on the size

Great perspective on your circles shot David. I really like it. Your snappers shot is a good one too!

Week 36: Urban. Tech: Motion Blur

Urban---Motion-Blur.jpg

I am a bit out of my comfort zone with this one. It was actually taken at 09:30 in the morning.

Last edited:
Interesting, been looking at it for a while to decide if I like it or not. Still undecided. Which is good, art and photography should challenger the viewer sometimes.
I think that the “over-exposure” of the flower bed is a bit too much for me, draws me away from the moving figures on the left.
Good photo, made me think.

Interesting, been looking at it for a while to decide if I like it or not. Still undecided. Which is good, art and photography should challenger the viewer sometimes.
I think that the “over-exposure” of the flower bed is a bit too much for me, draws me away from the moving figures on the left.
Good photo, made me think.

Thanks. Wish I had given it a bit more thought before posting.

Urban is certainly different so well done there, thought it was infra red as well. I think the left hand side of pic is great looking down the street with the really sharp NEXT and the movement.

I had that idea but decided to keep it on ice :D

• Haha
Reactions: rpn
It was a lot harder than I expected. The ice melts too quickly when you are trying to set up the shot.

Two great shots David. I really like your Hollow shot. The processing is fantastic.

Urban - really interesting result from the processing. Has an ethereal feel.
Hollow - well composed shot, nicely balanced.
Solid - no other content apart from ice ;)

Week 39: Gates

To the orchard. I think they have given up trying to keep the rabbits out!

Gate-2.jpg

To the sheep

Gate1.jpg

Last edited:
Yep - those sure are gates! :)

Back